Prioritize Your Self-Care
Self-care can support a healthy college experience - increasing productivity by stepping away from your to-do list. Sounds like magic, right?
What are the different types of self-care?
- Emotional Self-Care meansevaluating your emotional well-being. Giving yourself space for self-talk, saying “no” to things that would disrupt your energy flow or cause stress, and going on friend dates are all ways to contribute to your emotional self-care.
- Physical Self-Care. Prioritizing sleep, adopting a routine that includes physical activity, and eating a diversity of yummy, nutrient-filled foods are all ways to take care of yourself physically.
- Spiritual Self-Care can look different for everyone! Spending time in a quiet place, meditating, journaling and incorporating overall peaceful activities into your day can all help with spiritual well-being.
What does your self-care look like?
What does giving yourself attention and space - just like you do for assignments and others - look like? Take some time to set some daily or monthly wellness goals to help make sure you meet your own needs. Remember that you came to UNC with a host of identities and values outside of school. Ensure you're supporting your whole self through this journey.
Some questions to ask yourself:
- What self-care successes are you proud of so far this semester?
- What would you like to do more often?
- What do you need right now?