Happy Birthday, Heels Care Network!
One year ago, UNC-CH launched care.unc.edu as its online hub for mental health. To celebrate, we are reminding you of all the ways the website can support you and the entire Carolina community:
- Learn strategies to help you and your community like what to do if you’re concerned about yourself or a student, how to set up your organization for mental health success, as well as a myriad of educational content related to mental health.
- Take an online self-assessment to determine if you or someone you care about should connect with a behavioral health professional. Think of these as a checkup from your neck up.
- Discover a mental health resource that fits your – or someone else’s - needs best. The resource hub has over 100 supportive spaces available to folks connected with campus. You can filter by campus affiliation, identity, urgency, mental health needs, and more.
- Chat with LSN ("listen"). LSNers are students who have been trained in peer support and to help find available resources.
- Join a mental health advocacy organization.
- Sign up for training to better support your community such as Mental Health First Aid or Re-think Psychiatric Illness.
- Set up your org, class, or workplace for mental health success.
Help us celebrate one year of the Heels Care Network by exploring the site, sharing it with friends, and getting involved in the community of care here at Carolina.