Violence Prevention and Advocacy Series
Want to help prevent sexual violence and harassment at UNC?
Join the 2022-2023 class of VPAS Peer Educators and Ambassadors!
VPAS Peer Educators will help facilitate trainings on a variety of topics, including:
- Bystander Intervention
- Providing trauma-informed support for violence survivors
- Identifying and preventing sexual violence on Franklin St
Peer Educators will receive extensive training on violence prevention and facilitation skills and will be compensated for their work.
VPAS Ambassadors will assist with anti-violence outreach and education on campus. Ambassadors may:
- Assist with tabling events around campus
- Create and promote social media posts
- Promote training opportunities on campus and Franklin St
Ambassadors will receive training on violence prevention and will serve on a volunteer basis.
Interested in applying?
Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Put your preferred position in the subject line (Peer Educator or Ambassador) and we will send you an application!
Applications must be submitted by midnight on Thursday, March 31st.
Peer Educators will be asked to participate in a short interview. Ambassadors will be accepted on the basis of their application alone.